perjantai 21. marraskuuta 2008

Upgrading



Tadaa, I upgraded my Ubuntu from 7.10 to version 8.10.

Beautiful isn't it?

At first I was pretty content with the old one as I knew it would take many hours to upgrade it, not mention the problems that would inexorably occur me... But which, eventually, did not!
I had my doubts of 8.10 for I was prepared to face errors again, but for my biggest surprise, there were no problems at all! Everything was fluent, except it really took over two hours to upgrade 8.04 LST first and the other three hours to upgrade finally to the version 8.10. I can't understand why you just cannot skip the LST... It's really impractical and time wasting so far I still prefer Gnome.

General and rough opinion of the version 8.10:

- Very stable
- Tidy
- No massive changings
- Visually pretty and better possibilities to design the look
- Firefox 3 became faster
- Crashgs: nope
- Bugs: haven't spot any

Nice to use, but nothing major really. I'm happy.

Ei kommentteja: